Monday 1 October 2012

Checking out

"I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination."
Jimmy Dean


Today we set off along the Great Ocean Road, destination Adelaide.
Big build up over the last few days as this will be when we truly start to travel on our own in the camper.  Away from the city and into the wilderness. Australia is big.

We are currently sat in the lounge area of Habitat HQ, after having slept like a log last night (in the fireplace.. haha!). We're waiting on a return call from Bea so we can go to hers and leave our stuff while we get the money out from the bank to pay for Autumn. Later we plan to do a big shop for various tinned cuisine, fill up on water, petrol and gas and hit the road. It may be night when we leave but we are really keen to get going as today has been our cut-off since we knew when Autumn was booked in to be fixed. We're really excited!

We got to Skype with Luke's parents this morning (it was 12 midnight for them!), which was really nice. My attempts at Facetiming mum were somewhat thwarted by dodgy connection but no worries - will call you up on the phone mummy!

So.. hopefully I can blog soon but if not - don't worry, we're safe and responsible (We have to say that - our parents read this blog) and when I next write - we'll have lots of stories of campfires and kangaroos (which don't appear in burger form).

I'll leave you with another quote I like:

To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel
is to be able to experience
everyday things as if for the first time,
to be in a position in which
almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.
-Bill Bryson

No comments:

Post a Comment